Reimbursement Policy for 2019 Season
1) Initial Travel to event is not reimbursable. Some of our team travels from Europe, some from
the US East coast, some from the Caribbean. None is reimbursable with one exception:
If AKEPS, Inc. had you stop somewhere on the way for something, the travel from that point
to San Francisco would be reimbursable.
2) Daily commuting is not reimbursable. None is reimbursable with one exception: If AKEPS, Inc.
had you stop somewhere on the way for something, the travel from that point to the event site or
office would be reimbursable.
3) Housing is not reimbursable.
4) Meals are not reimbursable, with an exception related to missed breaks or if the worker is
required to stay on post through a scheduled break period.
5) Personal vehicle rentals are not reimbursable.
6) If you use your vehicle for AKEPS Inc. purposes on the way to AKEPS, Inc., or after
signing in, it is reimbursable.
7) If you use personal money to buy something required by AKEPS for the event, be sure to get
a Purchase Order Number from Resources prior to spending the money. Expenses with a Purchase
Order Number and prior approval will be reimbursed. AKEPS, Inc. prefers that you take one of
the company credit cards for such expenses if possible.
8) TWIC cards are reimbursable TWIC Manual